Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Espresso Cheesecake with Dark Chocolate Ganache



OK, I have started this blog at least 15 times and then erased it each time. Usually, I am not so challenged with WORDS! On this post, I can not seem to figure out how to express what I want to say. After much thought and time, (this cheesecake was made for a birthday on Dec 19th) I realized it was not the words that had me stumped, it was the meaning of those words and my concern about sharing too many of my feelings. So.....

You have probably heard the saying "We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our paths for a reason." In September, a really phenomenal person crossed my path in the most unusual way, and he has turned out to be one of the best things that has happened to me! It is true that when you are least expecting it, someone truly amazing can come into your life and makes a huge impact. My guy has done that!

I do not want to say much more than that now. I know... I know!!!! I have shared so much on this blog already. What is the big deal??? I guess, I am just enjoying every minute of NOW! and I want to hold onto it all for a little while longer. This is all very new, and I am so hopeful that in the future, I will have so much to share with you! Just know that right now, this girl is soooo happy and can't wait to see what is to come!

Happy Birthday B! XOXO

 Espresso Cheesecake with Dark Chocolate Ganache

 After spending a long time trying to incorporate a porter or stout into a cheesecake recipe, I gave in and made this awesome Espresso Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache.  I have no regrets!!




Crust:
2 cups chocolate cookies
1/4 cup natural sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp. espresso powder
 
Cheesecake:
32 ounces cream cheese
1 cup natural sugar
3 tablespoons flour
5 large eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons espresso powder
 
Ganache:
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
3/4 cup heavy cream
  1. Pull cream cheese, eggs, and cream; bring to room temperature. Combine espresso powder and heavy cream together, set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to 350˚.
  3. In a food processor, pulse chocolate cookies until crumbly. Add in sugar, espresso powder and butter, continuing to pulse until combined. Press into a 9″ cheesecake pan and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
  4. In a stand mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and flour together until well combined; scrapping down the sides as needed. Add one egg at a time and beat well. Finally, add in heavy cream (mixed with espresso powder) and beat until cheesecake is combined (being careful to not over beat.)
  5. Pour mixture into crust and place in a water bath in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce oven temperature to 250˚. Continue to bake cheesecake for 60-90 more minutes or until cheesecake barely wiggles and is set.
  6. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Place in refrigerator overnight and let cool.
  7. The following day, place chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. In a small pot, heat heavy cream almost to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Let sit for 2 minutes and then whisk until the ganache is well combined. Place in refrigerator until ganache becomes slightly set.
  8. Remove cheesecake from pan and place on a serving plate. Pour ganache over cheesecake and place back in refrigerator until ganache is set and you are ready to serve! Garnish with chocolate covered espresso beans.

Recipe adapted from Naturally Ella

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I love to hear stories of happy people being happy. This cake looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.

A lin said...

It is so nice to see another of your blogs and even nicer to hear of your recent happiness. I will definitely give this recipe a try and can't wait to hear more happy news from you!!!!!

cooking recipes said...

Chantal's New York Cheesecake
http://cookingrecipesplans.blogspot.com/2018/03/chantals-new-york-cheesecake.html

Tasha’s Artisan Foods said...

I love this. Espresso cheesecake is infused with just the right amount in the creamy, rich, decadent filling. I will try it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...