Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blackberry Pound Cake

Blackberry Pound Cake
Here is the other blackberry recipe that I mentioned in the last post. I will refrain from being so wordy in this post since I gave you my Blackberry story the last time.

I would like to thank every one's comments and encouragement over the past few month. I have received a lot of personal messages and Facebook love. I am humbled that my last post touched so many of you. I have wanted to write a blog to condense and share my family memories for a few years, but I never thought people would be interested. You all have proved me wrong. Thank you!!

Please continue to tell your family and friends about Bonbons and Biscotti. Spread the word, share the love.

XO

Rebecca


Blackberry Pound Cake

I made this cake because after I finished making my Blackberry Lemon Thyme jam, I had a little over a half of a cup of berries left. I was like a kid with Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket. I had to do something with them. This is what I came up with. As I pulled this cake out of the oven, my doorbell rang and a group of great friends stopped in. We all sat down to a slice of warm cake. It was melt in your mouth delicious. They left with a few more pieces for breakfast and a huge bag of fresh veggies.  For those that have ever dropped by, you know you will never leave hungry!

Blackberries!


1 cup butter, softened
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1/2-1 cup blackberries

Grease a Bundt pan. Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Alternately add the flour mixture and cream to already mixed ingredients beginning and ending with flour. Make sure to only mix until incorporated. (Do not over mix or you will have a tough cake.) Stir in the flavoring.

Blackberries in the greased Bundt pan.


Place blackberries in the bottom of the greased Bundt pan. If you place them here, the batter is so thick that they will be displayed nicely on the top of the cake when complete. Pour batter over blackberries. Place the filled pan in a cold oven and set the oven temperature at 325 degrees. Bake for 1 1/4 hours without opening the oven door or disrupting it at all. Test the cake with a cake tester. If it does not come out clean, bake for an additional 15 min if necessary. The top of the cake will brown. Remove pan from the oven and let cool in the an for 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto cake plate or stand.  This cake is best eaten warm but still great a few days later. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar or top with some freshly whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen's book Christmas with Paula Deen

Who wants a slice?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please could you use standard measurements ie grams

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...