Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Nutella Pizzelles


When I was in college, I bought my sister a gift that I thought that she would love! One of my sister's favorite cookies is an anise flavored pizzelle. Her other favorite is my Gram's anise Biscotti. When I was in college, due to the dorm circumstances, I was pretty challenged in my ability to cook and bake. I went to college before everyone lived in a suite (this is not your invitation to guess my age!) One weekend, I went shopping with a friend and I saw an electronic pizzelle press. I had to buy it for my sister. I had thoughts of her making pizzelles any time she wanted them, in any flavor that interested her. I spent most of the money I had on that shopping trip (and had at all) to get her that pizzelle press.

There was only one problem, I was thinking about what I would do with a pizzelle press, not my sister. At the time, she and I were in very different places when it came to kitchen conquests. Let's just say she was more interested in buying her pizzelles than making them. And I think she still feels that way. I was so excited when I gave it to her, but her face told me that the excitement was not contagious....



Overall I think that I am a good gift giver but I did mess up with the pizzelle maker. I will admit that! This Labor Day when my parents came for their annual visit, they brought that pizzelle maker and approximately 16 years after it was purchased, I pressed my first batch of crisp wafer thin cookies.





Nutella Pizzelles

3 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup melted butter or oil
3/4 cup of sugar
1/3 cup Nutella

Beat eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add cooled melted butter, vanilla and Nutella. Sift flour and baking powder together. Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture. Batter will be stiff enough to be dropped by teaspoons onto the pizzelle press. Batter is ready to put on the press or at this time it can be refrigerated and used at a later time.

Preheat electric pizzelle press. Spray pizzelle maker with cooking spray one time before starting. Drop heaping teaspoons of batter onto the middle of the of each grid on the press and close. Cook for 30 seconds. Remove the pizzelle carefully with a spatula and place on a flat surface to cool. If you desire you can also shape the pizzelles into cones or bowls for ice cream.


3/4 cups sugar

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how much sugar? nothing is listed in the ingredients,,,,just the directions

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Just making them now and not working out. Spilling over pizzelle maker and they are too sweet.

Anonymous said...

These are not working out. Sticking to my pizzelle maker. What a waste of ingredients

Anonymous said...

Agree the recipe is not good. Wish I read comments before using it. Couldn’t discard, so added another ¼ C butter and then ⅛ - ¼ C flour and 1tsp vanilla (not sure why). The batter then held together enough to use, but they are way too sweet!

Anonymous said...

Use cocoa instead

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...