Thursday, December 19, 2013

Bourbon Balls

 


What is better than spreading a little holiday cheer with an alcohol laced cookie?

This recipe is one of my family's official Christmas party foods. This is my Gram H's recipe. She started this tradition by taking these to her family events and Christmas parties. My Mom also made them and took them along to her holiday gatherings. I remember her taking them to her faculty Christmas party every year because fellow employees were waiting on them. Some years, when I got a little older, I actually made them for her to take. Now, I continue to carry on that tradition. Every year, I find myself making these little cookies because they are easy and people request them. Usually, at a party, they are one of the first things to go! I already made one batch of these this year, but will be whipping up some more for this weekend. They are a good thing!

This year, say "Cheers!" to your friends and loved ones with a cookie!


Bourbon Balls

For these cookies you can use bourbon, whiskey or a spiced rum.


3 cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
1 cup powdered sugar, plus more to roll the cookies in
1 cup chopped nuts
1 Tbsp. white Karo syrup
1/2 cup bourbon or whiskey

Mix the first four ingredients together. Add 1/2 cup of bourbon to the mixture and mix well. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and roll each cookie in powdered sugar to coat. Store cookies in an air tight containers to ensure that the bourbon does not evaporate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy, I'm going to get some out of the freezer now!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...