Saturday, June 22, 2013

Mediterranean Tortellini Pasta Salad




Who does not like a picnic? Whether it be in a park or on your back porch, this is the perfect time of the year for al fresco dining. In the summer, I try to eat my dinner on my back porch every night. I just love it. Listening to the birds and taking my time with every bite; it has really become the best part of my day.

This recipe was made out of things that I had in my fridge and was supper simple. Feel free to substitute any alternative ingredients that you like. If you don't have capers, add fresh herbs. It was filling and fresh and I think quite pretty. I ate it for dinner on my back porch then took the rest to work the next day to share. Enjoy!


Mediterranean Tortellini Pasta Salad




1 package frozen or fresh tortellini (cooked to package directions)
1/2 English cucumber, cubed
5-6 oz cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 handfuls of arugula
2 tsp capers
1 clove of garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 Tbsp red wine vinegar (or I am sure cider would work as well.)
Salt and pepper to taste
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled

Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Allow to cool. While the pasta is cooling, make the dressing. Crush caper and garlic with a mortar and pestle or with a fork. Add the oil and the red wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir all together. Add the tomatoes and cucumber to the pasta, mixing until evenly distributed. Dress this mixture with dressing. Add the arugula last so you do not bruise the leaves. Give everything a light toss to cover the arugula with dressing. If needed, can add more oil or vinegar to taste. Before serving, sprinkle the top of the salad with the crumbled feta cheese. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...