Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pecan Tassies


Every year, these cookies are made by special request for a very special friend, my best friend actually, Ginny. She waits for these cookies as part of her Christmas gift and as I learned this weekend, as part of her Christmas tradition. While not a baker herself, she does appreciate my desserts that are not "too sweet, or contain icing" and in most cases she is the first person who tastes most, if not all, of my recipes. She told me this weekend while sitting on my couch munching, that she will always associate me with a few things that I cook and then she proceeded to name them. These cookies were one of those recipes along with my pumpkin roll, stuffed cabbage casserole, and a few other specialties. That made me feel like I am making a difference in some one's life. Like I spoke about before, I am becoming part of some one's history. 

But the real truth is: Ginny and I are more part of each other's history than that. Our lives are so intermeshed right now and really for the past 8 years. We have been there for each other in good times and bad.  In the past year or so, we have been not only each others best friend but also each others unwavering support. Yes, times have been tough and much more so on her part. We have shared tears, hugs, and yet so many laughs. Without her in my life I am not sure where I would be.... Thank you friend! These cookies are made with love, hope and belief that all will be good in our lives soon. And if not we always have each other! And Wine!!


Pecan Tassies

Shells:
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1- 3 oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup all purpose flour

Filling:
2 Tbsp butter, melted
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp  vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans

For the shells, beat the softened butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add Flour and mix until a soft dough forms. Cover dough, chill at least 1 hour or over night

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place balls of dough in to cups of ungreased mini- muffin pan. Dip tart shaper  or fingers into flour and press into dough to form a shell.


For filling, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Fill the shells with filling mixture.


Bake 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar id desired.  Yield: 24 cookies



Recipe from Pampered Chef

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...