Thursday, February 12, 2015

Tiramisu Cheesecakes



So, this year I don't have a Valentine in the traditional sense of partner in life and love... and that is OK. It is not that I am opposed to that sentiment in any way. I think that good things will come in time. This year, I am in love with me! I am giving me what I need, nurturing myself! I feel like the past few years have been a culmination of hard times and emotional changes. I have gone through times of insecurity and times of true joy. It has been a roller coaster! But at the end of this month, I am making a change that should allow so much of that uncertainty and insecurity to go away. I am making a leap! It is long overdue and I am a little scared... but I am so ready to let go and move forward in whatever life has waiting for me.

Of course this Valentine's Day, I hold in my heart everyone who has been true to me and stands by me. I love you all and hope that I show you everyday. I guess this Valentine's Day for me is more like a homecoming, coming back to me; coming full circle. Shedding the past and really just letting me shine. It feels GOOD!

Happy Valentine's Day and remember Love Begins in the Kitchen!!

Tiramisu Cheesecakes

OK. Every Valentine's Day blog does not have to have shiny hearts or heart shape cookies. It is more about making something decadent and thoughtful for others. Over this past week, I have shared these little cakes with several of the people that make my life special. I wish that I could give every one of you one, but maybe you can use this recipe and whip up some of your own!




For the Crust:
1 cup dried ladyfinger crumbs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

For the Filling:
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon Kahlua
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder

For the Topping:
Whipped cream
Cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two standard muffin pans with paper cups (you will fill 18 of the 24 cups); set aside.

 In a small bowl, mix together the savoiardi crumbs, sugar and melted butter with a fork until evenly moistened. Divide the crumbs evenly between the muffin cups and press into the bottom to form a crust. Set aside.

 Beat the cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the Kahlua and instant espresso powder and beat for 1 minute, or until completely combined.

Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Bake until the cheesecakes are set around the edges and nearly set in the middle, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Rebecca XXXOOO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...