Sunday, February 22, 2015

Herbed Beet and Goat Cheese Salad with Palmetto Olive Oil Company's Tuscan Herb Olive Oil



Love and support comes in all different forms and these past few weeks I have see a lot of that. I am not just talking about Valentine's Day. I am talking about every day little gestures that let you know you are important in someones life. In this way, I am fortunate!!

As you know we had our HUGE Icepocalypse and it seems like one of those weeks when no one has gotten the motivation back to do much of anything. Unfortunately for me, I have been busy on this computer searching for my future and closing up last minute things from my past. Last weekend, thanks to some really great supportive friends, I had a cleaning out party!! They surprised me by not only the brute strength of moving boxes but with flowers and mimosas. Mimosas make all things better!! All girls know that! Quickly, with their liquid courage, a job that seemed overwhelming was almost fun. Almost... Well, anyway there was a lot of laughing and even more encouragement. It feels good to be loved!


So, a little bit about the local product used in this recipe. On my birthday an amazing person went out of their way to drop a gift at my door so I would have something to open on my special day. Sweet, huh? It made my so happy!! The very thoughtful gift turned out to be this fabulous Tuscan Herb Olive Oil from Palmetto Olive Oil Co. here in Greenville, SC. I am obsessed with it!! I am using it on everything but at the same time trying to save it for only the best entrees. Lol! The other day after I got done tossing fingerling potatoes in this my hands smelled heavenly and were so soft that I debated using at as bath oil.

Joking, of course! Hmm... maybe!


Herbed Beet and Goat Cheese Salad with Palmetto Olive Oil Company's Tuscan Herb Olive Oil

So yes, maybe this blog is about being loved and supported. And in that I am lucky. But my friends don't always share my love of beets. I do get it but that doesn't mean I am not going to try to convert you!!

2 large whole beets, scrubbed clean
1 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
1Tbsp water
1 tsp thyme leaves

4 ounces of goat cheese, chevre
1/2 tsp thyme leaves
1/4 tsp. freshly diced rosemary
Drizzle of good quality balsamic vinegar
Drizzle of Palmetto Olive Oil Company's Tuscan Herb Olive Oil, or other good quality olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Scrub the beets and place them in a large glass casserole with a lid. Pour the water in the bottom of the casserole. Drizzle the beets with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme and salt. Place the lid on the casserole and place in the oven. Cook beets for 45 min to an hour or until you can insert a knife easily.

Remove them from the oven and allow to cool till they can be handled. If at this time you want to peel them you can. Cut into wedges and plate onto individual plates or on a large serving tray. Crumble the goat cheese over the beets, with your fingers,
and sprinkle with the cut herbs. Directly before serving, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good, and I'm glad that you have good friends since you are so far away from home. I know with all our coaxing to come back home, you have decided to stay in the south...the warmth...and it's nice to know others can give you the hugs and "chugs" that bring a smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...