Friday, August 10, 2012

Bourbon Peach BBQ Ribs

Bourbon Peach BBQ ribs are for dinner tonight.

So I have been really hungry for some sticky BBQ ribs and by now if you have been following my blog, you probably realize that when I am craving something, I rarely go out and buy it. I usually make it. So this past weekend, a very good friend came over to watch the Olympics opening ceremonies and I took this chance to cure my craving. I made us ribs!
Although this is a long process, it is so worth it. Saucy and delicious! I do admit, sometimes if I am in a hurry, I use store bought sauce but this recipe is quickly becoming one of my favorites so I want to share. I wish that I could share by giving you each a sticky sweet bourbon rib but maybe I will inspire you to make your own!

BTW I refrained from posting the pics of us licking our fingers after dinner!



Bourbon Peach BBQ sauce


Bourbon Peach BBQ Ribs

2-3 racks of spare or baby back ribs
Salt and Pepper to taste
Garlic Powder

Cut each each or ribs in half lengthwise. Stack all ribs in a large pot and cover with water. Place pot on stove and bring ribs to a slow boil. Boil ribs for thirty minutes. Drain ribs.

Rolls out about 30 inch pieces of aluminum foil. One for each half rack of ribs that you have. Place a half a rack of ribs on each foil piece. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Top each rack of ribs with approximately 1/3 of a cup of the BBQ sauce.

Sauced and ready to be made into a packet.

Fold up the foil so the ribs are in a sealed packet. Crimping all edges closed. Place all rib packets on a baking sheet. You can do up to this step in the morning if you would like to serve for dinner. At this time if you want to wait, place ribs in packets in the fridge until ready to cook.

Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Place ribs on baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven. Bake low and slow for 2 hours. After this time remove baking sheet and ribs from oven. Carefully unwrap the ribs taking extra care not to burn yourself with the steam that is released. You can eat the ribs at this point but I like my ribs sticky and w a little char from the grill.

At this time, I heat the gas grill to medium heat. Place the ribs meat side down onto the grate of the grill. Add more sauce to the top side. Grill for about 3-5 minute and then flip rib and repeat sauce. Grill them just until the sauce gets caramelized. Make sure to stay near by because the sauce can burn very quickly. Remove from grill and serve.




Just off the grill!

 

Bourbon Peach BBQ Sauce



2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 cup peach jam ( use my Bourbon Peach Jam recipe)
1 cup Heinz Ketchup (I am from Pittsburgh area, so it has to be Heinz.)
1.2 cup bourbon
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp. spicy mustard

Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook stirring occasionally, until golden. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant about 1 minute. Stir in the jam, ketchup, bourbon, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Bring to a simmer. Lower the heat to low and simmer  stirring often, until reduced to about 3 cups, about 20 minutes.  Place in a bowl or heat safe container and allow to cool until ready to use.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...