Friday, June 29, 2012

Grilled Rosemary Lime Chicken (Green Chicken)

Rosemary Lime Grilled Chicken

This past weekend, I had a few friends over to celebrate summer and my move to by new house. It was a huge success. We all had some great food, conversation, and cocktails followed by some ladder ball and a few more cocktails. Life on the porch is how I grew up and how I love to spend my summer evenings. If you knock on my front door and there is no answer come around to the back porch and more than likely you will find me and Charlie (my golden retriever) in the garden or sitting on the back porch.

The next few recipes that I am about to post are going to be my party fare. I came up with a unique menu with few recipes I had stashed away for a later time. The full menu consitisted of:

Signiture Drink:
Strawberry Riesling Slushies
Woo Woos

Appetizer:
Beet Hummus, Goat cheese Mint Crostini
Hummus Goat Cheese, Basil Crostini

Entree:
Rosemary Lime Grilled Chicken
Grandma Ethel's Calico Baked Beans
Rosemary Deviled Eggs
Minted Couscous Salad- (Provided by my friend Ginny)

Dessert:
Cannoli Cupcakes

Feel free to use one or all of these recipes for your July 4th cookout or your next get-together.

Grilled Rosemary Lime Chicken


Fresh Rosemary, lime and salt
1 cup fresh rosemary
Zest of 2 limes
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
Chicken pieces of your choice- I chose 12 chicken thighs and 8 boneless chicken breasts

Marinate chicken till it is Green!

In a food processor, place all ingredients except oil and chicken. Pulse in food processor until you have a fine powder. Add olive oil until you have a wet paste. Place chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour the rosemary mixture over top. Mix with hands until all chicken pieces are covered and are very green.


On the hot grill till dark meat reaches internal temperature of 170 degrees.

Preheat grill to medium high heat. Place chicken on grill and cook until your meat thermometer registers that they are cooked completely (approximately 20 minutes.) Turn chicken one time during cooking.

Summer on the porch- Grillin'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks really yummy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...