Saturday, April 7, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pecan Banana Muffins



Chocolate Chip Pecan Banana Muffins
 With this recipe I have made in mini muffins, jumbo Texas-style muffins or mini loafs to give as Christmas gifts. It is very versitile and very easy since most times I have all the ingredients on hand. I tend to buy a bunch of bananas and then after eating about three,  I get tired of them and the rest quickly ripen so I throw them in the freezer. Every time I think that I can not fit one more ripened banana in my freezer, I make a batch of this recipe. It is a "comfort dessert" at its best.




Ready to get mixing!
  
When I make this bread, I like to add whole wheat flour. I like the Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Flour. I think that it adds a nice nutty crunch to the top of the muffin. If you like your muffins more moist or traditional, you can skip the whole wheat flour and use the same amount of regular flour. Also if you don't like nuts or chocolate omit them as well. Like I said this recipe is versitle and after much experimentation, the recipe that I am presenting here is what gives me the YUM! factor.






Muffins ready for the oven
 For this post, I used an interesting product that is worth mentioning. Usually I make my jumbo Texas size muffins in my regular muffin pan but while at the store I ran into these paper bakeware products by Welcome Home Brands and thought they looked very cute, especially for gifts, so I gave them a try and they are wonderful.

Chocolate Chip Pecan Banana Muffins


1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 ripe ( or ripe frozen, thawed)  bananas, mashed
1 cup milk chocolate chip
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line jumbo baking cups with cupcake papers. In a mixing bowl combine the butter and sugar. Beat with electric mixer until creamy and light yellow. Add the salt, effs, vanilla, flour, baking powder and bananas. Mix well. about 3 min. Incorporate chocolate chips and pecans by hand. Only mixing until they are incorporated. Fill Jumbo muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 35 min or until a cake tester comes out clean.




Enjoy for breakfast w a cup of coffee
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...