Thursday, October 3, 2013

Chocolate Pots De Creme



Happy, happy, happy! What makes you smile? This dessert does it for me. I do not like to classify myself as "typical" anything but in this case, I am a "typical chocolate loving girl!"  Go ahead judge me! You can't get me down with one of these cups of chocolate crème in my hands and maybe all over my face. ;)
Anyway... on a more serious note. My life in general has been really happy lately. Fall is a great time of the year. After the heat of summer, it is time to get outside, enjoy the beautiful fall leaves, the company of friends and a great dark beer. I am hoping that you are finding some Happy in this season as well.  Stop, look around you and find something beautiful in every day!!

Happy Fall everyone!

Stay tuned.... I am working on a fall collection of recipes with those dark beers that you all know are my favorites.



Chocolate Pots De Crème

This is a great easy make ahead recipe that is pretty impressive. If you have little time and a few ingredients, make this for your next dinner party.


2 large eggs
6 ounces of semisweet chocolate bars, finely chopped
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup half and half, scalded
Additional grated chocolate for garnish
Whipped cream for garnish

In a blender, blend the eggs, chocolate, and vanilla until smooth about 30 seonds. Slowly add the hot half and half  and continue to blend until well mixed.

Pour the custard into ramekins, or demitasse cups. Cover with plastic wrap.

Chill the crèmes for at least 2 hours, or overnight, before serving. If you like garnish each crème with chocolate shavings and whipped cream.

Recipe from the book "The Splendid Spoonful" by Barbara Lauterbach



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...